Increase the return on your education investment by jumpstarting your Associations @ Work experience with a preconference session. Attend an afternoon, interactive workshop on Sunday and engage in strategic thinking across departments.
Make More Money: Proactive Pricing and Margin Management
Sunday, October 15
3 CAE credits
In today’s environment of doing more with less, understanding your associations pricing power leads to more effective negotiating and ultimately stronger margins. Learn how to align complex pricing structures across your association to manage purchase agreements, member discounts, and contracts to secure stronger margins.
- Negotiate competitively to accommodate interdepartmental demands to meet budget requirements
- Enhance profitability by making effective pricing decisions that are consistent with project goals
- Learn what tools are out can help set and enforce effective pricing strategies
Focus on What Matters: How and When to Sunset Programs
3 CAE credits
Easier said than done. Programs may be entrenched in your association’s culture, perhaps initiated by volunteer leadership or a respected senior leader. However, unlike at one time, they now lose money and expend valuable staff resources. Learn to:
- Develop the business case for needing to sunset a program
- Identify the markers related to a program’s lifecycle to determine if it has matured or lost its effectiveness before you suffer at a loss
- Meet diverse internal and external expectations,
- Create a process to manage the transition of ending a program
= Separate registration required